STONEHENGE & AVEBURY PRIVATE TOUR – TYPICAL ITINERARY
Your driver-guide will pick-you up from your central London hotel or place of residence at the specified time. We recommend 8am. After a fast-route from London, our Private Stonehenge-Avebury Tour takes us back in time and deep into the county of Wiltshire, and the mysterious monuments surrounding the enigmatic Stonehenge and Avebury areas.
Our tour begins with a personally guided tour of the mysterious Stonehenge, an ancient megalithic structure older than the pyramids of Egypt, and a rare survivor of the pre-historic world. Of course, one of the greatest mysteries is how on Earth did they get there?
Journeying north, we discuss the huge ancient chalk carvings that decorate the slopes of local hills. Soon, we reach Woodhenge and the ancient settlement of Durrington Walls. Latest finds from recent digs around this area will help us theorise on the meaning of the landscape.
Your driver-guide will suggest appropriate lunch options on the day. Perhaps a tea-room, restaurant or traditional pub. Alternatively, you may want to bring a pre-packed lunch or just grab a sandwich. It’s your tour, it’s your choice. (Note: Private Stonehenge-Avebury Tour price does not include food or refreshments).
Unexplained Kennett and Silbury
We view the largest prehistoric burial mound in the country, the West Kennet Long Barrow. Skeletons of the ancient were laid in its chambers. Nearby, Silbury Hill is the world’s largest man-made prehistoric mound. Strangely conical in shape, it has kept its secrets as to its use or meaning.
Our day reaches its climax as with a personally guided tour of this spooky village locked-in by the largest stone circle in Britain. Discover the Devil’s Chair, where the dark one himself may be summoned, or the murderous Barber Stone, which exacted a terrible revenge on a villager who tried knock it down.
STONEHENGE & AVEBURY PRIVATE TOUR – NOTES
Tour price includes:
- Personal qualified guide/driver-guide.
- Private guided tours of all attractions in your itinerary except where stated.
- Tour vehicle, fuel costs, parking, taxes, tolls & local charges (if selecting the car option).
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Stonehenge. These are priced at the attraction’s standard rate including any transaction fees and are non-refundable.
Tour price does not include:
- Meals or refreshments.
- Gratuities or tips to guide (at client’s discretion).
- Pick-ups or transfers from outside central London (unless agreed at time of booking).
● Description: day tour by private vehicle from London
conducted by accredited driver-guide.
● Depart/return times: 8am-5pm.
● Pick-up/drop-off: any central London address.
● Price* (based on number of passengers: max 7):
1-2 = £670.00; 3-5 = £710.00; 6-7 = £750.00.
● *Attraction tickets: for this tour we book standard
tickets in advance and add them to your tour price.