How the toga-toting legions left their sandal-print on British history.
● Day tour from London in private vehicle with accredited driver-guide.
● Tailor-made for couples, families or small private groups (up to 7 persons).
● Pick-up/drop-off at any London hotel or residence. Typical timings: 09:00-18:00.
● Subject to openings (see notes) & availability. Any admission fees payable on entry.
● Price (per car): 1-2 persons=£560.00; 3-4=£600.00; 5-7=£640.00. Booking enquiries.
ITINERARY: Choose any one from the two options
Option 1): Bath & Cirencester
This tour starts with a visit to Bath, the famous historic city that is a World Heritage site in its entirety. See how the Romans made their sandal-print on British history. Bath is renowned for its naturally occurring thermal waters, the only hot water mineral springs in the country. The stunning Roman Baths unearthed at the end of the 19th century just have to be seen.
In Roman times, Cirencester, or Corinium as it was called then, was the second biggest town outside London. This part of the tour places special emphasis on the town’s important Roman heritage with a visit to the Corinium Museum. Further off the beaten track we step back in time at the Roman villa excavations at Chedworth.
● Mar-Oct: Wed-Sun. Admission fee payable on entry.
Option 2): Porchester & Fishbourne
This tour starts with a visit to Porchester, near Portsmouth. Portus Adurni was a Roman fortress adjoining Portchester, holding a commanding position at the head of Portsmouth Harbour. It is the best preserved Roman fort north of the Alps. The fort was built during the 3rd century to protect the southern coastline of Britain from Saxon raiders. Unusual for a building of this period, the majority of the walls survive close to their full height and much of the bastions are complete. It was later converted into Portchester Castle.
As part of the visit to the south coast we can also spend time at the remains of the Roman villa-palace at nearby Fishbourne. Discovered by accident by drain-diggers in the 1960s, it features superb floor mosaics dating back almost 2000 years. They are the best preserved mosaic remains in situ in Britain and from part of the largest domestic Roman building in the country.
● Seasonal opening. Check with us first. Admission fee payable on entry.
PRACTICAL TOUR INFO:
● Important note: 'Private tour' means a privately chartered guided tour. It does not entail exclusive private access. We do not offer tours to individuals wishing to join a larger group (for this you require a scheduled coach tour operator).
● Timings: The guide will meet you at the recommended start time or at a start time of your request. The duration of this tour is timed from pick-up to drop-off and includes built-in stops for photo opportunities, facilities, and a 1-hour lunch break.
● Pick-up/drop-off: You can be picked-up for your tour anywhere in the London area, whether at your hotel, place of residence, or venue of your request. The same applies as a dropping-off point after the tour. Tours from London may use fastest routes.
● Vehicle: Our typical vehicle is a luxury people carrier. Usually a high-spec 7-passenger Mercedes, with leather seats, armrests, headrests, air-conditioning, climate control, sound system, front and rear electric sunroof, sliding passenger doors, luggage space.
● Driver-Guide: Our presentable, professional and friendly guides drive fully insured private vehicles and carry the British 'Blue Badge' accreditation allowing them to conduct tours, walks and interior visits of major London venues and other UK attractions.
● Tour: The main tour is conducted personally by the guide, providing knowledgeable commentary, and assisting with practical issues. Sections of the tour may be conducted by in-house docents or using audio devices, but your guide will still escort you.
● Lunch: An appropriate restaurant, traditional pub, or sandwich stop can be arranged for lunch (note: tour price does not include food or refreshments). Alternatively, you may want to bring a pre-packed lunch. The guide usually takes a rest during this period.
● Clothing: Clients should dress appropriately making allowances for the changeable British weather, outdoor activities or visiting churches, etc. Our main tip is to dress comfortably. For more tips to help make your tour even more enjoyable click here.
● Format: The tour has been specially researched and designed by our staff (copyright applies) and is exclusive to Your London Tours & associates. Selected elements of different tours can be combined to create even more options. Click here for details.
● General: Rest assured with Your London Tours: All our tours are tailored to YOUR requirements. The guide will be exclusively dedicated to your family or group during the tour itself, so you will be able to relax and enjoy your day.
BRITISH THEMES PERSONALLY-GUIDED TOUR
(9 hour tour).
BY PRIVATE CAR (1-2 passengers)
|£560.00 (per car)
+ any entrance fees.
BY PRIVATE CAR (3-4 passengers)
|£600.00 (per car)
+ any entrance fees.
BY PRIVATE CAR (5-7 passengers)
|£640.00 (per car)
+ any entrance fees.
STEP 1: Simply copy and paste the following table into an e-mail, fill out the blank fields with as much information as you can, and send it to us at email@example.com.
Need more general information? Just send your enquiries to the same e-mail address.
|Date or dates required (DD/MM/YY)||your info here.|
|Name of tour or tours required||"|
|Total no. of persons (max 7 for driving tours)||"|
|No. of adults (18+)||"|
|No. of children (u18)||"|
|Ages of children (eg, 2, 3, 5)||"|
|Tour pick-up address, hotel or place of residence||"|
|Tour lead contact name & cell no.||"|
|Your name (if different to lead contact)||"|
|Special requirements or information
(to help us to make your tour more enjoyable)
STEP 2: On receiving this information we will e-mail a reply confirming availability, price and payment procedure. If the tour is unavailable, eg, we are fully booked or attractions are closed, we will inform you and provide details of another operator.
STEP 3: If you are happy with the tour arrangements, make payment as directed. Payments can take up to 48 hrs to process. On receiving payment, we will e-mail a tour confirmation and receipt. Please check details carefully and e-mail us with any queries.
BOOKING POLICY AND NOTES:
• Bookings are dealt with on a one-to-one basis via e-mail only.
• We do not accept bookings with less than 72 hours notice.
• To secure your preferred date we recommend booking well in advance.
• All tours subject to availability. Booking will not go ahead until availability is confirmed.
• Tour is not guaranteed to go ahead until 100% of payment is received.
• Administration fees may be added for extensive itineraries or supplementary guide hire.
• We do not arrange flights, accommodation, travel tickets or tickets for events.
• We do not usually pre-book tickets for attractions. We recommended these are paid
for at the gate on the day. In circumstances where pre-booking is the only option for
attractions, tickets must be paid for in advance and are non-refundable.
• For full policies, terms & conditions click here.